The General Consensus

Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Ava Cote, Caitlyn Story, and Hannah Vidu

Everyone has his or her own special taste in music that is unique and creates a positive mood to sing along to. Have you ever wondered what kinds of sick tunes your teachers listen to? This week, we wanted to provide a snapshot into the music life of our principal, Mr. Tracy, and learn about some of his musical interests.

With his various music genres, Mr. Tracy enjoys listening to rock and current pop trends. His favorite pop songs are mainly Maroon 5 and Adam Levine’s biggest hits. Mr. Tracy also expressed his love for Van Halen, AC/DC, and Metallica as rock music weighs heavily on his playlist.

Mr. Tracy’s favorite artist is James Taylor. Taylor is an American singer-songwriter who sang vocals and played the guitar, harmonica, vocals, and as well as the keyboard. Some of his greatest hits include “Fire and Rain” and “You’ve Got a Friend,” which were released in 1971. Taylor was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000 for his great songwriting and compositions.

Overall, his favorite band is a tie between Rush and Fleetwood Mac. Rush is a Canadian classic rock band that was established in 1968. They are an all male group consisting of Geddy Lee on bass guitar, Neil Pearls on drum kits, and Alex Lifeson on the electric guitar. Some of their biggest hits are “Tom Sawyer” and “The Spirit of the Radio,” and their best album, “Moving Pictures” reached number three on the song charts.

Fleetwood Mac is an English-American rock band that originated from London in the summer of 1967. The group members consist of Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, as well as Christie and John McVie. Their hits from 1977, “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way” are the most listened to songs by Fleetwood Mac.

One song he recommends is “American Pie,” also known as “The Day the Music Died.” The song was released in 1971 by Don Mclean, and was able to top the charts in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. The song pays a respectful tribute to song artists Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens, who passed away, causing Don to idolize them once more through his own music.

Caitlyn Story
Spotify Cover of Mr. Tracy’s Playlist

Below is the link to Mr. Tracy’s Spotify playlist, containing some of his favorite jams ranging from pop to rock over the last few decades. Be sure to check it out!

https://open.spotify.com/user/ericrtracy/playlist/1HNuHiZC2sjFCzJdUA3yW7?si=RMQiaQgMTKKDEsISLHfWkw  

About the Writers
Ava Cote, Staff Writer

Ava Cote is a freshman at Hamilton-Wenham. Ava grew up in Wenham and has attended Bessie Buker Elementary School and Miles River Middle School. Ava is a strong writer who continues to love finding ways to improve. Ava took this class to further grow and develop her skills. She is also an active member of her community. She is a student athlete who is constantly pushing herself to go further. When Ava is not writing or running for the Hamilton-Wenham girls cross country team, you can find her playing with her dog Griffin or hanging out with her many friends.

Hannah Vidu, Staff Writer

Hannah, a freshman at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School, is a staff writer for The General Consensus this semester. She was born in Romania and moved to America when she was five years old. She attended Winthrop Elementary School and Miles River Middle School in her previous years at Hamilton-Wenham. Hannah decided to take journalism as an elective this semester in order to better her writing and improve her skills in a fun and different way. Outside of school, Hannah enjoys playing the flute and piano and practices a few days each week. She is an only child and loves traveling with her family. This year, Hannah hopes to achieve good grades and enjoy her classes, as well as focus on her schoolwork to better herself as a student.

1 Comment

One Response to “Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes”

1. Lorraine Miller on October 19th, 2018 10:14 pm

What a great list! Thanks for sharing, Mr. Tracy!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

Student Artist-of-the-week

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

My Rainbow

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

Crossword #1

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

Movie Review: The Coin Heist

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Features

Out of the Woods, and Into the Theater!

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

Student Artist-of-the-week

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Opinion

Why a Student Newspaper?

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

My Rainbow

• News

HWRHS Students Acknowledges Breast Cancer

• Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes

Arts & Entertainment

Crossword #1

The Student News Site of Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School
Spotify Playlist: Tracy’s Tunes